Bankruptcy Attorneys in Jacksonville, FL
Are you drowning in debt? Is your business struggling to stay afloat? Do you owe more on your home or investment property than they’re worth? Your creditors might be pursuing you relentlessly, and drastic collection actions like foreclosure, repossession, and wage garnishment could be on the horizon. If you are experiencing this level of financial hardship, you are not alone, and we can help.
At Edwards & Edwards, P.A., we have helped hundreds of clients break free from millions of dollars of debt. Like thousands of others, you are probably looking for answers and solutions to your financial problems. Let our bankruptcy attorneys in Jacksonville use our 50+ years of combined experience to help you develop and implement the solution you need.
What Can a Jacksonville Bankruptcy Attorney Do?
A Jacksonville bankruptcy attorney can provide invaluable assistance to individuals grappling with financial difficulties. They can guide you through the complex legal process of filing for bankruptcy, providing clarity and ensuring that your rights are protected every step of the way. Whether your debt is the result of medical bills, divorce, job loss, or credit card expenditures, a Jacksonville bankruptcy lawyer can help you understand your options and make informed decisions to regain control of your finances.
Below are some of the key services that bankruptcy attorneys offer their clients:
- Evaluate your financial situation: An attorney will review your financial situation to determine if bankruptcy is the best option for you. They can also help you understand the different types of bankruptcy and which may be the best fit for your circumstances.
- Prepare and file your bankruptcy petition: The attorney will assist you in preparing and filing your bankruptcy petition with the court. This includes organizing your financial records, completing the required paperwork, and ensuring that everything is filed accurately and on time.
- Representation in court: If there are disputes or challenges to your bankruptcy filing, your attorney will represent you in court proceedings.
- Negotiate with creditors: Your bankruptcy attorney in Jacksonville can negotiate with creditors on your behalf to reach settlements that are in your best interest.
- Guide you through the bankruptcy discharge process: Once your bankruptcy is filed, your attorney will guide you through the process until your debts are discharged, providing advice and support along the way.
Our Bankruptcy Services
At Edwards & Edwards, P.A., we assist both consumers and businesses who are struggling with overwhelming debt and all related consequences. While our primary goal is to help good people through bad times by filing for bankruptcy, we have decades of experience in a wide range of practice areas, and we use our multifaceted perspective to develop comprehensive solutions that take all legal implications into account.
Come to our Jacksonville law firm for assistance with any of the following and more:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy. In just 4-6 months, you can achieve a court-ordered discharge that eliminates your liability for qualifying debts. When we assist clients with Chapter 7, our goal is to help them protect their property from the liquidation process, which we accomplish by claiming exemptions under Florida bankruptcy laws.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. Repay your debt using your disposable income for 3-5 years. Once you complete this plan, the court will eliminate any unsecured debt that remains. We can help you submit a repayment plan that suits your financial circumstances and is most likely to be approved by the court.
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. Looking to reduce your corporation’s financial obligations without going out of business? We can help you navigate the complex process of Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which will reorganize your debt and (in most cases) allow you to retain ownership and control over your company.
- Subchapter V Bankruptcy. Small businesses have exclusive access to Subchapter V, a new section of Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Our attorneys can help you understand the benefits of this option and determine whether your business qualifies. If it does, you can likely reduce your debt without losing your company.
- Foreclosure. One of the best ways to avoid foreclosure is by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. If you are on the verge of losing your home, get in touch with our attorneys as soon as possible—we can determine whether Chapter 13 is right for you. Time is of the essence, and the sooner you get started on your defense, the greater your likelihood of success.
Whether your debts include mortgage arrears, medical bills, credit cards, unpaid taxes, or any other type of debt, we are here to help. Our team is personally and professionally dedicated to helping individuals, families, and businesses overcome severe financial hardship, and we look forward to taking on your case next.
We understand that no one really wants to file bankruptcy. Many people, in fact, sell their assets and deplete their savings or retirement accounts just to avoid bankruptcy. If you are considering this, we urge you to get in touch with us as soon as possible. Your funds and property may be covered by bankruptcy exemption laws, which means you can achieve a debt discharge without losing what you own.
Some people come to us simply because they have lost control over their finances. More often than not, however, crushing levels of debt are the result of a layoff, divorce, illness, or other events completely outside a person’s control. When you bring your financial crisis to our firm, you will never be judged, criticized, or treated with anything less than the utmost respect and compassion.
When faced with unmanageable debt, the worst thing you can do is wait to act. Avoid severe consequences of debt by calling us immediately at (904) 478-9255. We are here for you at a moment’s notice.
Over 50 Years of Combined Experience
Wide Range of Legal Services Available
Responsive to Client Communication
Sister-Owned Firm, Entirely Run by Women